Thursday, July 1

not mine, but part of a 30 day letter challenge

day 11 - a deceased person you wish you could talk to

Dear Doris,

I wish you were still here. I feel like you were taken from us way too early and way before people were ready for you to go. Particularly my mom. She misses you so much, and understandably so. I would miss my mom too. It’s hard for her because you guys always used to talk about everything and now that you’re gone it’s a lot different. I wish you could see half the shit that has gone on since you passed away, because knowing you, you would have an interesting perspective on it. You had the funniest way of looking at things, and your sarcasm was hilarious. I loved our Norwegian phrase learning and the holiday dinners at your house. I’m sorry that I sometimes took you for granted. You were such a great grandmother and I wish I could say all of this to you now. I was spoiled when I was a child, and I know I was. I still am. I was also a bit of a brat and I’m sorry you had to deal with that when my mom was going to graduate school. I do miss you though. I think my sister and dad miss you too, even if they don’t voice it as much as Mom does. I hope you and Brieta and Heineken and Ollie and Papa are all up in heaven having a tea party right now and being happy and praying for us. I’ve never been very religious, but I feel like I sort of need to believe in this right now. I’m not ready to think about heaven not being there because I’m so scared. I wonder lots of times what happens when you die, but I don’t want to think about it now. I just wanted to say we all miss you and that we love you. I hope we can come visit you and Papa’s graves soon and give you some flowers. We’re going to spread Heineken, Ollie, and Brieta’s ashes soon too. I hope you and Papa can be a part of that, in spirit anyways. I love you, Doris. And miss you.

Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment